The Flemington Borough Department of Public Works will be accepting drop-off of yard waste from Borough residents at our DPW shed located in the rear of 8 Main Street on the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays of every month from 2 pm to 5 pm, March 1 through Oct. 31. They will also be picking up yard waste at the curb the 1st Friday of every month. Please ensure you bring your ID showing your address for the drop-off and that for both drop-off and pickup days, your yard waste is in paper bags.
Leaf collection using the DPW’s leaf vacuum truck begins the first week in November and continues through December 31st or until the first plowable snow. Please assist the Borough in its efforts to render the best service possible.
- No leaves shall be placed closer than 15 feet from any storm water inlet.
- Please place your leaves in a windrow fashion along the edge of the curb 10-12” away in order for rain water to flow.
- DO NOT place leaves in bags.
- Avoid the placing of branches, debris and other foreign materials in the leaf piles since this can result in injury to Borough personnel and equipment. (CREWS WILL BE INSTRUCTED NOT TO COLLECT LEAVES WHEN BRANCHES ARE PRESENT.)
- DO NOT park your vehicles on leaf piles, due to the potential fire hazard.